Skip to main content

The Growth Mindset

So I recently just learned of the Growth Mindset by Carol Dweck, I've never heard of The Growth Mindset or Carol Dweck. I watched two videos about the Growth Mindset on YouTube.

It's interesting to me because I'm dyslexic, so my experience with school is failing and when I was in primary school fail all time, I was the child who stay inside because I couldn't do me homework. Probably why I never cared about my grades, what teachers said about it and only focus on my dream: to get into college.

Yep, that was my dream, now it's 'make my story idea into an actual story'

I remember when My Primary School principal told me I would never get accepted into any Secondary School, joke on her, I'm in University now !

It also interesting to me because I work with kids in scouts, i remember we went on a hike with Cubs in Claire and some of the Cubs moan all the way up. However some didn't, they just did the hike and didn't moan.

It's funny because once we started going down, no one moan and getting down was much harder, like I nearly fell off. Maybe the Cubs realized they could ? Maybe the Cubs will take on more challenges in the future ?

Taken From Shaunda R Garrison, from Her Twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me, Myself and I

Hello, I'm Sarah and this my introduction post ! Here's bit of information about me: I live in Dublin, in Ireland and I've live there all my life. I mainly listen to Metal, currently I've been listening to Slipknot newest Album 'We are not your Kind' also known as Vol 6.. If you want a taste of Slipknot, here's a link to 'Unsainted' which is the first song (not counting the intro) on their new album. For Hobbies, I usually write, I've been practising writing over the summer and I think I'm getting better, My English has certainly improved. I'm also a Cub Scout Leader, so I go away on trip with the Cubs, Scouts and Ventures. This year I went away to County Claire and Holland with the Scouts. County Claire in June 2019, Taken by Me while hiking with the Cubs. I really like travelling around, especially with my camera, my Nikon D5100 with a standard 18-55mm lens and I since I'm studying photography in college I got put in

Game Vision Statement

Vision, it's a powerful thing, I should know, I needed glasses and didn't know I needed them, Now I can't live without them. Anyway, that's not what I'm talking, today I'm gonna be talking about my game and how I envision it. First, My Game will be a first person Action-Adventure game with some debatable RPG elements, I say debatable because now of days many games have RPG mechanics but aren't really RPGs, for example is Far cry 5 an RPG because you get new skills and have an inventory ? The game is mostly based off, Terraria  so the gameplay is very similar to it, you'll need to collect certain items, build up your strength, get stronger and defeat bosses. The big difference is that my game is going to be in 3D while Terraria is a 2D game, I'm not sure in what way that will effect the gameplay as that can effect a game very badly, for example Mega-man X7   and I'll have to be careful not to fall into that "pit-fall" get it ? Aren&#

Alpha

My non swinging Axe, taken by me    Capitulate that goes ding ! Taken by me  An enemy, taken by me