Skip to main content

Game Vision Statement

Vision, it's a powerful thing, I should know, I needed glasses and didn't know I needed them, Now I can't live without them. Anyway, that's not what I'm talking, today I'm gonna be talking about my game and how I envision it.

First, My Game will be a first person Action-Adventure game with some debatable RPG elements, I say debatable because now of days many games have RPG mechanics but aren't really RPGs, for example is Far cry 5 an RPG because you get new skills and have an inventory ? The game is mostly based off, Terraria so the gameplay is very similar to it, you'll need to collect certain items, build up your strength, get stronger and defeat bosses.

The big difference is that my game is going to be in 3D while Terraria is a 2D game, I'm not sure in what way that will effect the gameplay as that can effect a game very badly, for example Mega-man X7  and I'll have to be careful not to fall into that "pit-fall" get it ? Aren't I funny ?. One thing that is different, is that unlike Terraria, I don't plan to set my game as a open world game, instead I plan to create levels for the player  as I think 1, gamers are getting sick of Open world game (Jim Sterling made a great video about it, here ) and 2, I think open worlds are beyond my ability, I can't get a clock to work in unity nevermind a whole fucking world.

The game is about the player, who is trapped in a abandoned shopping center, unfortunately said shopping center is fill with monsters (No, I'm talking about Black Friday Shoppers) and now must fight his/she/their way out, but the question is: will you make it out ?

The game will have a basic melee combat system, enemies and hopefully Bosses (or at least one). I also planned to added weapons to help take down enemies easier, but not be drop by enemies instead the player will have to find them and hope to god they find them fast.

Last time, I showed a sketch of what I think the map would look like:
from last project blog, taken by me
I decided I would sketch out, how I want the game to look like:

A Rough Sketch of my game, drawn and Taken by Me.

Keep in mind this a rough sketch of the game and how I imagine it would look like. As you see, I focusing on melee combat and not shooter combat. I would like to have some way for ranged attacks, but for now, I'm only focusing on Melee combat.

For resources, the biggest one for me is animation, I need animation for the combat, the enemies and the bosses. Unfortunately, I don't know how to animate but I do know the Unity store sells animation, there's also the possibly of making my own but I think that be a bit out of my field.

I will also need sound effects, not just for the creatures or the bosses. I need them for when the player picks up an item or defeat an enemy. In fact, I need background music to play, maybe not on loop but I still need it for the game.

I'll also need models, as much it would be fun to hit cubes and spheres, it would be a bit weird after a while since I don't think cubes count as monsters. I've never made a model before, so I don't know how hard it is, I do know the Unity Store also sells these, so maybe I can get some from there and change them a bit to make them look more original ?

I also need weapon models as well, I not sure how many weapons I want in the game so I'll need to figure that out before looking for models and add them into the game. The Unity store might be able to help me out here as well, the Unity store is gonna be my saving grace by the looks of things.

I'll need to do more level design, map layouts and stuff. Now I know the Unity Store sells levels, building and everything, Even your ma but I want to at least try to make this on my own. There's a name for a game that has bought assets that are thrown into Unity, it's call an asset flip and they're generally not well liked. I want to avoid my game becoming another "Asset-flip" and besides I want to give level designing a go, sounds like it could be great crack !

Comments

  1. Hey Sarah!
    I think this is a a very unique game idea, and that were this a real published game, a lot of people would buy it just to try out a new thing. I agree that the definition of RPG's is somewhat loose so it's hard to define when a game is an RPG, after all even when you play a football game, you're playing the role of the football player! Anyway, that's it from me
    - Pawel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah, I just read through your game idea and I really enjoyed learning all about it. I like your idea of the game being a 3D RPG since I am fan of that genre of games plus I find it interesting you got inspiration from the game Terraria. The setting itself is very original and I admire the idea behind it all. I hope you game is successful in the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sarah! I really like the ide you have or your game, especially the level based aspect. like you said gamers can get bored of open world games, which are everywhere in the industry at the moment. Your game will be a breath of fresh air! would you want your monsters to be fantasy gory monsters or woud you consider making them something like demon shoppers?
    I really think that would be a super cool idea, working in retail I can tell you, angry shoppers are the worst monsters I have ever met.

    I cant wait to see how you game turns out!
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,

    I really like your game concept! I have to say I havent seen many (or any, in fact) games where the player has to fight against Black Friday shoppers- I think the idea is very amusing and that itll make for a really enjoyable game once its developed. I also agree with you on how some games fit the RPG genre very loosely.. sometimes it literally makes no sense why a game is classified as an RPG. I've seen plenty of those.

    I'm really looking forward to seeing the development of your game!

    - Kay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me, Myself and I

Hello, I'm Sarah and this my introduction post ! Here's bit of information about me: I live in Dublin, in Ireland and I've live there all my life. I mainly listen to Metal, currently I've been listening to Slipknot newest Album 'We are not your Kind' also known as Vol 6.. If you want a taste of Slipknot, here's a link to 'Unsainted' which is the first song (not counting the intro) on their new album. For Hobbies, I usually write, I've been practising writing over the summer and I think I'm getting better, My English has certainly improved. I'm also a Cub Scout Leader, so I go away on trip with the Cubs, Scouts and Ventures. This year I went away to County Claire and Holland with the Scouts. County Claire in June 2019, Taken by Me while hiking with the Cubs. I really like travelling around, especially with my camera, my Nikon D5100 with a standard 18-55mm lens and I since I'm studying photography in college I got put in

Alpha

My non swinging Axe, taken by me    Capitulate that goes ding ! Taken by me  An enemy, taken by me