Skip to main content

Feedback Thoughts

So recently I read two articles about feedback, so I thought I would give my feedback !

A meme about Feedback, taken from Here
The first article is called "A fixed Mindset could be holding you back ", It's very interesting article and I couldn't help think about how video game tie into this. As when you died in video game or fail a mission, you're usually encourage by game or by yourself to try again. This makes you think about different way to approach the problem, learn from your mistakes and improve your skill with said games. I think video could encourage a growth mindset, as it's about learning from your mistakes and becoming a better person.

Really interesting article never really thought about fixed or growth mindsets before. I hadn't even heard the term before either !

The next article is called "Why is it so hard to hear Negative Feedback ? " and this was less so interesting. The article was about how to give and receive Negative feedback, while it's good advice. It's also a short article with no in depth explanation. Also base on my experience, people tend who to give you negative feedback, also avoid you, for example: I have one leader who always criticize me, some valid, others not so much and she rarely talks to me, won't even say hi to me. So if she avoiding me and is constantly criticizing me, why would I be more accepting of it ?

As the article admits that it's boils down to "trusting that everyone is participating in good faith." and sadly not everyone does. Some people don't act in good faith, but that doesn't mean their criticism isn't valid and the opposite is true as well. I feel the article is taking a complex issue and only taking one 


Fun Fact: as I write this I'm listening to a song call "Critical Darling", Ironic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me, Myself and I

Hello, I'm Sarah and this my introduction post ! Here's bit of information about me: I live in Dublin, in Ireland and I've live there all my life. I mainly listen to Metal, currently I've been listening to Slipknot newest Album 'We are not your Kind' also known as Vol 6.. If you want a taste of Slipknot, here's a link to 'Unsainted' which is the first song (not counting the intro) on their new album. For Hobbies, I usually write, I've been practising writing over the summer and I think I'm getting better, My English has certainly improved. I'm also a Cub Scout Leader, so I go away on trip with the Cubs, Scouts and Ventures. This year I went away to County Claire and Holland with the Scouts. County Claire in June 2019, Taken by Me while hiking with the Cubs. I really like travelling around, especially with my camera, my Nikon D5100 with a standard 18-55mm lens and I since I'm studying photography in college I got put in

Game Vision Statement

Vision, it's a powerful thing, I should know, I needed glasses and didn't know I needed them, Now I can't live without them. Anyway, that's not what I'm talking, today I'm gonna be talking about my game and how I envision it. First, My Game will be a first person Action-Adventure game with some debatable RPG elements, I say debatable because now of days many games have RPG mechanics but aren't really RPGs, for example is Far cry 5 an RPG because you get new skills and have an inventory ? The game is mostly based off, Terraria  so the gameplay is very similar to it, you'll need to collect certain items, build up your strength, get stronger and defeat bosses. The big difference is that my game is going to be in 3D while Terraria is a 2D game, I'm not sure in what way that will effect the gameplay as that can effect a game very badly, for example Mega-man X7   and I'll have to be careful not to fall into that "pit-fall" get it ? Aren&#

Alpha

My non swinging Axe, taken by me    Capitulate that goes ding ! Taken by me  An enemy, taken by me