Skip to main content

Growth Mindset: OH NO NOT THE BLOCK !!


Oh god it only a few seconds into the video and I'm getting flashback to my dyslexia test with those stupid lovely blocks. I remember you would be given a card and you had to make the pattern on the card with the block, oh god I hated it, biggest pain in the arse going. I could never figure out how to make the blocks match the stupid pattern and you had to 25 of them, 25 PATTERN ?! I'M GETTING BLEEDED VIETNAM FLASHBACK TO THIS.
A Meme about Fixed and Growth Mindset, taken here
Oh god I've just realized that I'm just at of spending a minute ranting about those stupid blocks and I haven't even introduced the video and surprise, I'm not drunk.  So this video is called "Carol Dweck: The Effect of Praise on Mindsets", one the aspects I find interesting about the video is that the kids get praise ! When did this, I was so bad they had to label me to let people know I was a stupid dopey child, DYSLEXIA and yes I didn't google how to spell it  HA !

Is it bad that when I did it and got to the hard one I ask could I go home ? Actually if I remember correctly, I push the blocks away and went to bed at one point, younger me was a brave little twat, wasn't she ?

When I was asked if I wanted to go do the easier one or the harder one, I said I want to do neither and play my DS. 

Also I just realized that those block test were created by this Carol Dweck, Now I know whose face I'm putting on the dartboard tonight. Hang on, is that I why I kept getting asked what does the teacher and my parents say about my work ? Is that why I got asked does the voice in my head say when I'm working on something hard ? To figure out if I have a fixed or growth mindset ?

To bad I answered: "Can I go to the bathroom ? I gonna wet myself.", although I think 8 year old me got Growth mindset at the time, then again I never did listen to my teachers back then. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me, Myself and I

Hello, I'm Sarah and this my introduction post ! Here's bit of information about me: I live in Dublin, in Ireland and I've live there all my life. I mainly listen to Metal, currently I've been listening to Slipknot newest Album 'We are not your Kind' also known as Vol 6.. If you want a taste of Slipknot, here's a link to 'Unsainted' which is the first song (not counting the intro) on their new album. For Hobbies, I usually write, I've been practising writing over the summer and I think I'm getting better, My English has certainly improved. I'm also a Cub Scout Leader, so I go away on trip with the Cubs, Scouts and Ventures. This year I went away to County Claire and Holland with the Scouts. County Claire in June 2019, Taken by Me while hiking with the Cubs. I really like travelling around, especially with my camera, my Nikon D5100 with a standard 18-55mm lens and I since I'm studying photography in college I got put in

Game Vision Statement

Vision, it's a powerful thing, I should know, I needed glasses and didn't know I needed them, Now I can't live without them. Anyway, that's not what I'm talking, today I'm gonna be talking about my game and how I envision it. First, My Game will be a first person Action-Adventure game with some debatable RPG elements, I say debatable because now of days many games have RPG mechanics but aren't really RPGs, for example is Far cry 5 an RPG because you get new skills and have an inventory ? The game is mostly based off, Terraria  so the gameplay is very similar to it, you'll need to collect certain items, build up your strength, get stronger and defeat bosses. The big difference is that my game is going to be in 3D while Terraria is a 2D game, I'm not sure in what way that will effect the gameplay as that can effect a game very badly, for example Mega-man X7   and I'll have to be careful not to fall into that "pit-fall" get it ? Aren&#

Alpha

My non swinging Axe, taken by me    Capitulate that goes ding ! Taken by me  An enemy, taken by me