Skip to main content

Unity tutorial 06: Thanks Google and Unity!

FINALLY I'm done this unity tutorial ! Oh my god you have know idea how long this took me. First Chrome decided not to work, like at all, I don't know since it wasn't my wi-fi or laptop since Firefox work fine for me, so why ? No idea.

Cheers Google ! Screenshot taken by me.
Oh and the Unity video froze again, then it crashed.

I feel you buddy, screenshot taken by me.
So how did the tutorial go ? Pretty good actually, once unity stopped messing me around, I actually didn't have a bad time. I guess my only problem is this error which I can't figure for the life of me what it's on about:

Null Reference ? What you on about Unity ? Screenshot taken by me.
Seriously Unity telling me Null Reference is like telling me my Dad wants me, I've no clue what you're talking about.

Anywho apart from this error, I feel like this was the most useful tutorial so far, the others were great for getting back into things while learning a few new tricks but this one taught a little more like animator and how certain animation have requirements.

I feel like this would have been more helpful in first semester with animator since good ole Jimmy Vegas would use Animation but some asset used Animator only and that was a pain in the hole, yes that hole.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me, Myself and I

Hello, I'm Sarah and this my introduction post ! Here's bit of information about me: I live in Dublin, in Ireland and I've live there all my life. I mainly listen to Metal, currently I've been listening to Slipknot newest Album 'We are not your Kind' also known as Vol 6.. If you want a taste of Slipknot, here's a link to 'Unsainted' which is the first song (not counting the intro) on their new album. For Hobbies, I usually write, I've been practising writing over the summer and I think I'm getting better, My English has certainly improved. I'm also a Cub Scout Leader, so I go away on trip with the Cubs, Scouts and Ventures. This year I went away to County Claire and Holland with the Scouts. County Claire in June 2019, Taken by Me while hiking with the Cubs. I really like travelling around, especially with my camera, my Nikon D5100 with a standard 18-55mm lens and I since I'm studying photography in college I got put in

Game Vision Statement

Vision, it's a powerful thing, I should know, I needed glasses and didn't know I needed them, Now I can't live without them. Anyway, that's not what I'm talking, today I'm gonna be talking about my game and how I envision it. First, My Game will be a first person Action-Adventure game with some debatable RPG elements, I say debatable because now of days many games have RPG mechanics but aren't really RPGs, for example is Far cry 5 an RPG because you get new skills and have an inventory ? The game is mostly based off, Terraria  so the gameplay is very similar to it, you'll need to collect certain items, build up your strength, get stronger and defeat bosses. The big difference is that my game is going to be in 3D while Terraria is a 2D game, I'm not sure in what way that will effect the gameplay as that can effect a game very badly, for example Mega-man X7   and I'll have to be careful not to fall into that "pit-fall" get it ? Aren&#

Alpha

My non swinging Axe, taken by me    Capitulate that goes ding ! Taken by me  An enemy, taken by me