Skip to main content

Reading 3: Hitting roadblocks

Okay we talked about How I'm doing my research, now let's talk about the ACTUAL research God if you exist and want to prove it then kill me now.

So First off, the Tudublin library can go f--- itself, I'm sorry but when I try to use the website, it would tell me: "this IP is busy.", I tried on Monday through Thursday and I still can't get in ! How can the IP be busy at 1am in the morning ?!

So it was to Google/Google Scholars, which thank god, I had better luck. I found this: Understanding Digital Gaming By John Kirriemuir, I've had a read it and even started filling out the excel sheet. I also found this article as well: A Brief Social history of Game play by Dmitri Williams, which is has a section about the history of Games.

Too be honest with you, I've been hard time looking for articles for PC Consoles, nevermind Home Consoles. I've been looking for over three hours and have been doing the excel sheet, it may look like I'm not working but I am ! I think once I get access to the TUdublin Library then I'll have better luck, I'm hoping that I won't have to go into TUDublin City center campus, though I know I a mate that goes there so I might get them to rent out the book and buy them a pint to say thanks . 

So Researching hasn't gone well so far, guess I'll just have to push through!
Working on the Excel, it's going slow, screenshot taken by me





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me, Myself and I

Hello, I'm Sarah and this my introduction post ! Here's bit of information about me: I live in Dublin, in Ireland and I've live there all my life. I mainly listen to Metal, currently I've been listening to Slipknot newest Album 'We are not your Kind' also known as Vol 6.. If you want a taste of Slipknot, here's a link to 'Unsainted' which is the first song (not counting the intro) on their new album. For Hobbies, I usually write, I've been practising writing over the summer and I think I'm getting better, My English has certainly improved. I'm also a Cub Scout Leader, so I go away on trip with the Cubs, Scouts and Ventures. This year I went away to County Claire and Holland with the Scouts. County Claire in June 2019, Taken by Me while hiking with the Cubs. I really like travelling around, especially with my camera, my Nikon D5100 with a standard 18-55mm lens and I since I'm studying photography in college I got put in

Game Vision Statement

Vision, it's a powerful thing, I should know, I needed glasses and didn't know I needed them, Now I can't live without them. Anyway, that's not what I'm talking, today I'm gonna be talking about my game and how I envision it. First, My Game will be a first person Action-Adventure game with some debatable RPG elements, I say debatable because now of days many games have RPG mechanics but aren't really RPGs, for example is Far cry 5 an RPG because you get new skills and have an inventory ? The game is mostly based off, Terraria  so the gameplay is very similar to it, you'll need to collect certain items, build up your strength, get stronger and defeat bosses. The big difference is that my game is going to be in 3D while Terraria is a 2D game, I'm not sure in what way that will effect the gameplay as that can effect a game very badly, for example Mega-man X7   and I'll have to be careful not to fall into that "pit-fall" get it ? Aren&#

Alpha

My non swinging Axe, taken by me    Capitulate that goes ding ! Taken by me  An enemy, taken by me