Skip to main content

Unity Tutorial 02: Proofing how much of a Dope I am

Hi It's me, the local idiot that you've seen in college, that hides in the corner away from people. Yes I'm back, doing the Unity tutorial, I know Tragedy, buy me a KISS coffin and then I'll leave this planet Maybe. Anywho, let's talk about Unity, Oh god forget the coffin, I already feel the urge to end it all, So since my first 3D game is something I never want to think about, Just like how my Dad doesn't want to think about me , I've decided to restart and pretend it never happened, just like my Dad, didn't go too great for him, all hope is gone already for me lads.

This time instead of going to Jimmy, sorry Jimmy but once was enough and now your boring me. We're doing the Unity Tutorial by uh, Unity ! Now the videos are highly detail, going through step by step and great for beginners but I said F to that! I'm a 2nd year college student who so sad, that she's spends her summer bringing other people's kids away, I don't have time to watch a 4 minute video on how to set up a project, I'm bad at Unity but not this bad !

So I read the text at the bottom and quickly flew through the tutorial. Suddenly there was a problem, I went to test the FollowPlayer script, press play, not only did the camera not follow the car but the car slam into a crate and went flying off the road ! To say I didn't burst me heart laughing and replayed  it over and over again for a minute would be a lie.

After replying it, I went to fixing the problem, undoing the script until it was back to the start and this is where the title comes in, I realized I never attached the script to the camera, yep I forgot to attached the script to the camera. So I fix it, play it, didn't work and realized I never stated who the player (aka the car) was, Absolute Dope I am.

Other than that complete stupidity, the tutorial was grand, I feel like I know most but that I'm learning stuff as well, so yeah, I'm a idiot and the unity tutorial are fine so far.

My new Playmode colour, isn't it pretty ? Screenshot taken by me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me, Myself and I

Hello, I'm Sarah and this my introduction post ! Here's bit of information about me: I live in Dublin, in Ireland and I've live there all my life. I mainly listen to Metal, currently I've been listening to Slipknot newest Album 'We are not your Kind' also known as Vol 6.. If you want a taste of Slipknot, here's a link to 'Unsainted' which is the first song (not counting the intro) on their new album. For Hobbies, I usually write, I've been practising writing over the summer and I think I'm getting better, My English has certainly improved. I'm also a Cub Scout Leader, so I go away on trip with the Cubs, Scouts and Ventures. This year I went away to County Claire and Holland with the Scouts. County Claire in June 2019, Taken by Me while hiking with the Cubs. I really like travelling around, especially with my camera, my Nikon D5100 with a standard 18-55mm lens and I since I'm studying photography in college I got put in

Game Vision Statement

Vision, it's a powerful thing, I should know, I needed glasses and didn't know I needed them, Now I can't live without them. Anyway, that's not what I'm talking, today I'm gonna be talking about my game and how I envision it. First, My Game will be a first person Action-Adventure game with some debatable RPG elements, I say debatable because now of days many games have RPG mechanics but aren't really RPGs, for example is Far cry 5 an RPG because you get new skills and have an inventory ? The game is mostly based off, Terraria  so the gameplay is very similar to it, you'll need to collect certain items, build up your strength, get stronger and defeat bosses. The big difference is that my game is going to be in 3D while Terraria is a 2D game, I'm not sure in what way that will effect the gameplay as that can effect a game very badly, for example Mega-man X7   and I'll have to be careful not to fall into that "pit-fall" get it ? Aren&#

Alpha

My non swinging Axe, taken by me    Capitulate that goes ding ! Taken by me  An enemy, taken by me