Skip to main content

Growth Mindset: The surprising habits of original thinkers

A meme about Growth Mindset, taken from Here.
For this extra credit I watched a video, "
The surprising habits of original thinkers | Adam Grant"
, a 15 minuter ted talk video about original thinkers. I found this video very interesting as it explains how original thinkers are usually procrastinators because it gives them time to think and allows for more creativity.

I actually have an interesting story of this myself: Back in first year near the end of semester 1, we got 3-4 assignments and all were due in December. I decided to do my digital photography earlier then all the others and left my visual creativity assignment to the last minute. I had my photo essay done before a week before it was due, while I was still drawing and colouring my visual creativity the day it was due !

I thought I would 100% pass digital photography and was hoping that I barely pass visual creativity. I was so surprised that I pass digital photography with a C and got a B+ in Visual creativity!

It's kind of interesting that Martin Luther is just as bad as procrastinating as me!

I also think it's interesting that failure rate of first thinkers and improvers ! Reminds me of "Shenmue" which was the first open world game but it didn't preform great but "Grand Theft Auto 3", which took "Shenmue" open world idea, improve on it and sold millions of copies !

Oh and that research about Firefox and Chrome users are more creative, was cool, HAHA I'm more creative then you ! HAHAHa. The bit about creative progress hits closes as I always doubt my ideas, I changed my idea for visual design fundamental 3 times, so doubt is my best friend, yay.

The bit about failing hits close to home, I'm afraid of failing but also still fail time and time again. I still keep going because how else I'm gonna know ?

Overall I found this video super interesting and would recommend watching it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me, Myself and I

Hello, I'm Sarah and this my introduction post ! Here's bit of information about me: I live in Dublin, in Ireland and I've live there all my life. I mainly listen to Metal, currently I've been listening to Slipknot newest Album 'We are not your Kind' also known as Vol 6.. If you want a taste of Slipknot, here's a link to 'Unsainted' which is the first song (not counting the intro) on their new album. For Hobbies, I usually write, I've been practising writing over the summer and I think I'm getting better, My English has certainly improved. I'm also a Cub Scout Leader, so I go away on trip with the Cubs, Scouts and Ventures. This year I went away to County Claire and Holland with the Scouts. County Claire in June 2019, Taken by Me while hiking with the Cubs. I really like travelling around, especially with my camera, my Nikon D5100 with a standard 18-55mm lens and I since I'm studying photography in college I got put in

Game Vision Statement

Vision, it's a powerful thing, I should know, I needed glasses and didn't know I needed them, Now I can't live without them. Anyway, that's not what I'm talking, today I'm gonna be talking about my game and how I envision it. First, My Game will be a first person Action-Adventure game with some debatable RPG elements, I say debatable because now of days many games have RPG mechanics but aren't really RPGs, for example is Far cry 5 an RPG because you get new skills and have an inventory ? The game is mostly based off, Terraria  so the gameplay is very similar to it, you'll need to collect certain items, build up your strength, get stronger and defeat bosses. The big difference is that my game is going to be in 3D while Terraria is a 2D game, I'm not sure in what way that will effect the gameplay as that can effect a game very badly, for example Mega-man X7   and I'll have to be careful not to fall into that "pit-fall" get it ? Aren&#

Alpha

My non swinging Axe, taken by me    Capitulate that goes ding ! Taken by me  An enemy, taken by me