Skip to main content

Review Week Comments and Feedback.

Today I'm gonna review weekly comments and the feedback I received. As a person who values feedback and doesn't take offense to it, I actually liked the feedback idea. I found the feedback I received was in great quality, I felt the feedback was fair and understandable. I also receiving comments as it made feel closer to my year, how they acted and how we would joke.

To be honest, after reading people's introduction blog, I started to hate my own introduction blog, everyone has a more interesting life, WE HAVE A WRESTLER! and me? I'm just a cub leader who like metal and generally focuses on their work rather then their friends. I thought about changing my blog and my introduction but to be honest, I forgot.

I found comments the most useful when it was easy to read, I hated when people would leave just walls of text, it's harder for me to read because of my dyslexia, in fact I had to get a RULER to read someone comment! Eventually I stopped reading the Berlin wall of text and remembered to returned my Brother's ruler, sorry Mark. I also found comments that talk about their game or their experience was useful. I felt it made the comment more relate-able and made their advice more value-full (Blogger is being weird with spelling, that or I'm an idiot.) in my eyes. 

Now, it time to discuss about how I gave feedback, obviously I gave flawless advice that people love and, okay all jokes a side, let's really get into it.

At first I didn't think much on commenting, just do this and get it over with, then I actually started doing it. I thought it was a simple task, I was wrong, I would spend minutes on someone's blog trying to find the blog I was supposed to comment before realizing that they used the wrong tag or didn't do the blog. So I back to the website, go to a different blog, hope to god that they did the blog and after finally a blog to comment on, I realized I had nothing to say.

A meme about Feedback, taken from Here.
I soon developed a plan, I would read the blog, then make points for the comment and finally write the comment. I tried to find positives and negative that I could write about in feedback, but this was sometimes really hard! There's was one time where I couldn't think of anything positive to say about the game and just wrote about the blog or how the person had good sketches ! I also had a situation where I couldn't think of anything negative to say about a blog and nitpick their game ! Oh I also had a time where i didn't know what to say about a blog at all and went back to the website!

I would try to be fair as possible but it was hard when you can only see the bad or only the good. Sometimes I felt like a complete jerk other times I felt like I was too soft.

Now it's time to look forward, I think I need to be more truthful, be nice about it of course, but, as my mam would say, "call a spade, a spade.". I also think some of my advice/tutorial weren't great, so I think I need to think harder about the advice I give and how I give it. I also think it might be time to make some changes to my blog and how it looks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me, Myself and I

Hello, I'm Sarah and this my introduction post ! Here's bit of information about me: I live in Dublin, in Ireland and I've live there all my life. I mainly listen to Metal, currently I've been listening to Slipknot newest Album 'We are not your Kind' also known as Vol 6.. If you want a taste of Slipknot, here's a link to 'Unsainted' which is the first song (not counting the intro) on their new album. For Hobbies, I usually write, I've been practising writing over the summer and I think I'm getting better, My English has certainly improved. I'm also a Cub Scout Leader, so I go away on trip with the Cubs, Scouts and Ventures. This year I went away to County Claire and Holland with the Scouts. County Claire in June 2019, Taken by Me while hiking with the Cubs. I really like travelling around, especially with my camera, my Nikon D5100 with a standard 18-55mm lens and I since I'm studying photography in college I got put in

Game Vision Statement

Vision, it's a powerful thing, I should know, I needed glasses and didn't know I needed them, Now I can't live without them. Anyway, that's not what I'm talking, today I'm gonna be talking about my game and how I envision it. First, My Game will be a first person Action-Adventure game with some debatable RPG elements, I say debatable because now of days many games have RPG mechanics but aren't really RPGs, for example is Far cry 5 an RPG because you get new skills and have an inventory ? The game is mostly based off, Terraria  so the gameplay is very similar to it, you'll need to collect certain items, build up your strength, get stronger and defeat bosses. The big difference is that my game is going to be in 3D while Terraria is a 2D game, I'm not sure in what way that will effect the gameplay as that can effect a game very badly, for example Mega-man X7   and I'll have to be careful not to fall into that "pit-fall" get it ? Aren&#

Alpha

My non swinging Axe, taken by me    Capitulate that goes ding ! Taken by me  An enemy, taken by me