Skip to main content

Prototype

Is this just the week of prototype ? At least I don't have to do the stupid marshmallow challenge again.

Any who, Welcome back to this shit show ! Today I've started my project/prototype. So let's talk about the prototype, two week ago I gave a link to my Dundoc, turns out it was working, sorry about that ! I've now fixed it and it should be working (hopefully). So again link to my Dundoc. Here some of the work for my dundoc, honestly I haven't been updating it and need to update, as I'm not fully happy with it.


Weapon being highlight to show it can be pick up, taken/drawn by me.

Some of the Level Design, taken/Drawn by me.

Another bit of Level Design, Taken/Drawn by me

Design of the ui, taken/Drawn by me
Sketch #1 of my UI, with explanation, taken/drawn by me
More Level design, taken/drawn by me.
 I should mention that I'm 100% sure about my UI so I might do more sketching and prototyping before finalising it.

My Game so far, taken by me.
Here is my game so far, I've been trying to find a texture for the ground because that blind white is killing my eyes and already glasses, I don't want to have to wear sunglasses or carry a crane. Unfortunately finding terrain textures is hard and finding working one is even harder. So this will have to do now, Even though it's actually an asset texture and just used it for my terrain, please don't sue me. Point is, I'll probably change the terrain but this will do for now.

I decided to start with the weapon set up because I thought I that was the most important element of my game so I started work on that. Also I'm full sure on some elements but I didn't want to have nothing so I started on parts I know I needed.


Comments

  1. Hey Sarah,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog you obviously planned out what you want in your game prototype by doing a few sketches beforehand which is really good and have added them to your prototype I really like your ground in your prototype its really unique you also put some time in picking your weapon and hopefully making it work in your prototype. I liked that you picked parts of your game that you 100% want in your game instead of adding a bunch of stuff you are just going to delete which is really smart but maybe you could have added some more assets that you liked just to test some of them in your game but what you have already is really good anyway I hope to read more of your blogs soon.
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me, Myself and I

Hello, I'm Sarah and this my introduction post ! Here's bit of information about me: I live in Dublin, in Ireland and I've live there all my life. I mainly listen to Metal, currently I've been listening to Slipknot newest Album 'We are not your Kind' also known as Vol 6.. If you want a taste of Slipknot, here's a link to 'Unsainted' which is the first song (not counting the intro) on their new album. For Hobbies, I usually write, I've been practising writing over the summer and I think I'm getting better, My English has certainly improved. I'm also a Cub Scout Leader, so I go away on trip with the Cubs, Scouts and Ventures. This year I went away to County Claire and Holland with the Scouts. County Claire in June 2019, Taken by Me while hiking with the Cubs. I really like travelling around, especially with my camera, my Nikon D5100 with a standard 18-55mm lens and I since I'm studying photography in college I got put in

Game Vision Statement

Vision, it's a powerful thing, I should know, I needed glasses and didn't know I needed them, Now I can't live without them. Anyway, that's not what I'm talking, today I'm gonna be talking about my game and how I envision it. First, My Game will be a first person Action-Adventure game with some debatable RPG elements, I say debatable because now of days many games have RPG mechanics but aren't really RPGs, for example is Far cry 5 an RPG because you get new skills and have an inventory ? The game is mostly based off, Terraria  so the gameplay is very similar to it, you'll need to collect certain items, build up your strength, get stronger and defeat bosses. The big difference is that my game is going to be in 3D while Terraria is a 2D game, I'm not sure in what way that will effect the gameplay as that can effect a game very badly, for example Mega-man X7   and I'll have to be careful not to fall into that "pit-fall" get it ? Aren&#

Alpha

My non swinging Axe, taken by me    Capitulate that goes ding ! Taken by me  An enemy, taken by me